Admin - Add Forms to LAMA
Your municipality will have a directory where all forms are stored. We are assuming that your template is created and loaded into the proper directory. Only LAMA users with administrative permissions will have an Admin tab. Complete the following steps to add a form template to LAMA.
1. Select the Admin tab > Miscellaneous Codes
2. Select Forms from the directory.
3. The following table contains columns of information used to configure your form -- its access, when generated, who can generate/view documents, whether its available on the Public Web, etc. There is a toolbar on top with several buttons to Refresh, Add, Delete, Arrange Items, and Grid Options. Start by doing a filter in the "Classification" column. For example, if you are adding a Permit form, use the drop-down arrow to select the filter on "Permit." Select the Add button from the toolbar and begin filling in columns of information. (Note: Your columns order may be in a different order than shown in this example.)
4. ID. The ID number is automatically given by the program. Don't ever edit the ID number.
5. Order. The order number that the document will appear on the list in your Documents tab. In the example above, the document called "Address Change Notification" (#11) will appear before "Address Mortgage Letter" (#12).
6. Classification. Select the module in which the document will generate. For example, a document classification of "Permit" will appear on the Permit Form. When selecting the "Generate" arrow from the form toolbar, a list of forms for processing the permit will be listed.
7. Generate Access. Restricts document generation access to selected users. Click into the field, Generate Access, and select the users from the list.
8. Title. Give the document a name as it will appear in LAMA's document tab's drop-down menu.
9. Template File. Click to the right (gray box) of the template file name, and LAMA will take you to the directory where the template files are stored. Select the file to be loaded into the system and Open.
10. Event Trigger. Click in this field to link the generation of the document to a particular "Event."
11. Public Web. Place a checkmark in this cell if the form can be generated from the Public Web.
12. Has Table. Place a checkmark in this cell if a table is included in the document.
13. Restricted. Place a checkmark in the cell to indicate restricted use.
14. PDF Only. Place a checkmark in this cell if the file will be generated as a PDF only.
15. Default Folder. LAMA has a default and municipal designed folder structure. After the document is generated, its final location is user defined. Examples of file folders: Approved Documents, Notices, Inspections, Auto-Generated, etc.
16. Buffer Distance. This is only applicable when the letter being generated is to be distributed to people within a radius of the property in question. The distance is in feet. Note: LAMA does not understand that your municipality does not count the distance in the right-of-way (ROW). For example, if you have a 300 foot buffer that ends up in the ROW, LAMA will not include the parcels that are just beyond the buffer.
17. Document Access. Restricts document access to certain viewers after the document is generated.
18. Deleted. Always use this "Delete" checkbox to mark the record as deleted. Using the "Delete" on the toolbar above the grid will completely delete the record.