Username and Password Issues
Common username and password issues:
- Forgot User Name?
- The login page has a "Forgot your user name?" link. On a regular computer screen, the link is to the right of the login section, and on a mobile device or other small screen, it is below the login section.
- The user will need to enter the email address associated with their account, and they will receive an email reminding them of their user name within the next few minutes.
- Forgot Password?
- The login page has a "Forgot your password?" link. On a regular computer screen, the link is to the right of the login section, and on a mobile device or other small screen, it is below the login section.
- The user will need to enter their user name in order to have a new, randomly generated password emailed to them at the email address associated to their web account.
- The web page does not automatically prompt someone who is using a randomly generated reset password to change it to something they will remember. The password email includes instructions on how to find the Account Information page where they can change the random password to something they prefer.
- The Reset Password Emailed to Me Doesn't Work
- Each time a user uses the "Forgot Password" link, a new random password is generated and emailed to them, and the previous password is voided. The most common problem with reset passwords not working is having requested a reset more than once, and not using the password from the most recent email.
- Although requiring a user name in order to reset a password helps avoid user name/password mismatches when passwords are reset, sometimes users need to double-check the user name they are trying to login with when using the new password.